Musings

Mind Management is the essence of Life Management

Friday, February 17, 2006

Grab a cup today!!


Nothing beats Starbucks Coffee..!

No...really..I was never a coffee addict...in fact never a Coffee fan either..
I preferred tea always..Stuck to our desi versions of Brookbond..even carried one pack with me when travelling abroad..
Gradually, I got used to Lipton tea bags..which are not that bad either..

But Starbucks..! They changed my way of looking at coffee...
My husband, Deb is an avid fan of theirs..and a Starbucks Gold Card Customer!

I always used to wonder..What's so great hunh?!

Another reason for staying away from Coffee..was that... I believed, it gave me pimples...
I have cried my eyes out over these teenage menaces..which have unfortunately pursued me to adulthood..and they continue to pay me occasional visits..withstanding all that I keep doing to drive them away...

OK...Now coming back to where I left off...Starbucks changed my way of looking at Coffee...

I managed to exercise restraint for almost two years..before finally giving in..!

It was more of boredom actually that drove me out of office ..and pushed me to take an occasional walk down Silom Road...

Well..my Office is on Sathorn Road..and Silom is the parallel road...Since we have not much entertainment on this road..except for towering buildings..all of which are offices...I did my occasional trip to Silom..during post-lunch hours....
Saying that Silom offers ample opportunity for window shopping would be an understatement...

Sathorn, on the other hand is the unidentical twin of Silom...
They are like twin siblings.. featured in most commercial movies based on twin relationships....where one of them is reserved,suave, responsible and sophisticated...
The other..on the contrary is wild..vivaciously bold..and unabashed...

Sathorn is not a quite road, mind you...Hundreds of cars zoom past every minute..In fact there is a continuous stream of cars..people have everything else on earth..except for "TIME"!

So ..unless you want to look up the JP Morgan office..or go around the skyscraper which houses HSBC...You can easily chose Silom over Sathorn....

So..coming back to my story...
I walk down half a kilometer..down the perpendicular road which connects Silom to Sathorn..
Silom is always a buzz of activity...Cake shops..Beauty Corners...garment outlets..Cafes..pubs...
florists...Shopping malls..Spas..Massage Parlours...you have it all....
It wont be my favourite place of earth...But I enjoy walking down the streets of Silom..
You have so much activity in there...!

Starbucks is located at the start of this road...and I usually feel like drenching my throat with something..by the time I take this "not-so-long" walk...
Cappucino with low fat milk and sweetener is the ideal...
Anything else that I have there, would leave me full of guilt..on account of the no. of calories I take in....
So..I stick to what is safe...
The Cappucino...is just tooo good..!the taste is ..well..as I would describe it ..creamy smooth..(not that it has cream in it!)
It's tempting ..No doubt..and I have given into this temptation..

I'll never get hooked onto it..I know that..Am probably too health-conscious for that..!!
Regular intake of caffeine is a complete "No-No' for me...

But yes...! They did change the way I viewed coffee...
They got a non-coffee drinker to pick up that first cup....No Baristas, Cafe Coffee Day, Coffee Bean..had been able to do it!

Walking down Silom..I usually give in to another temptation of mine...Buying Cosmetic Products..

No..it's not the make-up stuff..which makes you face look like a pan-cake..But all nature therapy...natural products...

I accept..Am crazy about Body Washes..different fragrances...Aroma therapy Oils and about having my own Spa Collection..

Believe it or not I rarely use all of the stuff that I buy..They are usually gifted to my sis..Or stand tall near the Bath tub..or on the dressing table!
I use a bit of everything...And then let be...Sometimes I wonder.whether it is really the bottles that fascinate me....
But it's fragrances...different kinds..I like indulging in the most...

I wonder if I really would have explored Silom had it not been for Sathorn being so less interesting....
Probably..No..!
Cross over Silom Road..and you reach Patpong...which as most people describe..
"one of the most sleaziest" areas in the word...
"Sleazy" in terms of what? Well..:) Find that out for yourself..Do a google on Patpong..and you'll know....
No..It doesn't have mafia..neither is it unsafe..it's out in the open and it's everywhere....
The "Harmlessly sinful but Blissful place"..as one European Tourist put it...

Silom Road..Vs Big bad Brother Patpong??

Well...That's another story...Maybe I'll tell you some other day...!

1 Comments:

At 3:32 AM, Blogger Ayshu said...

I am a big coffee freak and I used to love Starbucks when I was in the US!!Even now when I travel I would never miss my cuppa coffee when I spot one!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home